Secure and User Friendly Mobile Electronic Payment Gets Boost by New Visa Program
The inevitable transfer from cold hard cash to electronic payments has been on its way for some time now, and nostalgic as we might be, the disappearance of notes and coins from our pockets seems unavoidable. Visa has just taken more strides forward in this arena with the launch of a new initiative called The Visa Ready Partner Program.
This development paves the way for mobile developers, network operators and technology partners to gain access to the Visa IP best practices and licenses by providing a framework for collaboration with Visa.
Mobile point-of-sale acceptance (mPOS) providers, mobile NFC-enabled device manufacturers, and chip and platform providers are among the stakeholders that will benefit from the Visa Ready Partner Program, which will use existing approval and certification processes from the payments industry.
Extensive testing of both the system’s security and usability has already taken place with regards to Visa’s payment functionality, ensuring that Visa transactions initiated with mobile devices are compliant with the global standard for chip enabled payments.
Programme partners will also gain access to the use of the Visa Ready symbol, to reassure users that they are a trusted developer.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Service Design Toolbox
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights