Reddit Updated with Host of Fresh Features and Enhancements
The rise of Reddit to market prominence has worked in direct contrast to the decrease in Digg interest (their main competitor in the social voting realm).
Now, with Reddit’s launch of a new range of recent updates, their user experience seems certain to bring the site’s status into the premier league.
With the installation of an add-on for all supported browsers, the Reddit page has been given a custom dashboard and a selection of fresh features.
The new Accounts option allows for easy switching between multiple users on the same PC, and a comment navigator allows users to easily find and preview comments.
In addition, a series of filters are able to exclude ‘not safe for work’ content for added peace of mind.
The Reddit user interface has undergone the most tweaks and changes, with added keyboard navigation and an auto-load function that detects when the user is at the bottom of the page and presents new streams of posts automatically to effectively produce a never-ending stream of content.
Their enhancement suite is currently available for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Safari, as well as directly from Reddit’s official website.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Sector – Automotive
- Sector – Education
- Sector – Energy & Utilities
- Sector – Finance
- Sector – Government
- Sector – Healthcare
- Sector – Media
- Sector – Retail
- Sector – Telecoms
- Sector – Travel & Tourism
- Service Design Toolbox
- Spotless Trends
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights