Senior UX Consultant
This is an exciting role working closely with our UX consultants across a range of sectors where you’ll be involved with anything from service design strategy to cross platform web re-designs and apps, and conducting design research.
You will be responsible for identifying and translating customer needs into intuitive and enjoyable experiences through the use of wireframes, prototypes and other assets. The successful candidate will be an outgoing dynamic individual with a minimum of 4-5 Years’ experience in design and design research. This is a varied role within a small team and will suit an enthusiastic, hardworking person with keen attention to detail.
Your portfolio must show a strong digital or service design slant and you’ll have case studies of successful projects demonstrating strategic, conceptual and creative thinking. As a user focused designer, you can solve complex problems with simple solutions based on user research, and will be comfortable owning your own deliverables and presenting back to senior stakeholders.
Your key role will be to lead in the creation of delightful and intuitive UX designs across web, mobile, tablet and apps working closely with the UX consultants and senior stakeholders. This can include any of the following:
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams to produce exceptional UX pieces, whilst balancing the needs of end users and clients throughout.
- Playing a key role in an exciting mix of graphic design and user experience work which will include: research, flows, user stories, sketching, wireframing, site maps, journey maps and prototypes.
- Leading on, and conducting many types of design research, including in-depth lab interviews, usability tests, ethnographic or contextual research, and focus groups.
- Translating research findings into compelling and actionable insight.
- Creating instinctual and stunning UX designs based on a thorough understanding of the end user, with the ability to propose further research, testing or other suitable methods to enhance the UX process.
- Leading in the production of low and high fidelity prototypes using Axure, Invision, Balsamiq or other relevant tools.
- Working directly with stakeholders helping them distil project goals and objectives into project requirements.
- Designing exciting and innovative concepts that can be applied across platform.
- Proactively seeking feedback from stakeholders, keeping a record of key iterations of the design.
- Inspiring co-workers and collaborating with them to produce inventive, thoughtful and relevant work.
- Sharing knowledge and skills with the rest of the team on UX best practice, recognising potential in the latest technology and other service design trends.
- Developing and maintaining a professional approach to file keeping and sharing with clients.
- Good time management skills and the ability to deliver to deadlines.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Product Design or similar discipline, or relevant experience.
- 4-5 Years’ experience working in a variety of sectors with a digital focus, consultancy experience would be beneficial.
- An portfolio demonstrating your experience of UX methods, digital design trends and supporting print assets (inc. responsive web and iOS/Android app design).
- Advanced use of modern UX tools and platforms such as Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Previous experience working within a corporate or consulting environment would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about all aspects of user experience and service design.
- Highly motivated and self-managing.
You must have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
- Generous commission scheme on any leads generated.
- Annual bonus linked to company performance.
- Free books from companies like Rosenfeld Media.
- Annual training budget to attend conferences.
- Gadget allowance.
- Company pension scheme.
- BUPA healthcare.
- 25 days holiday per year.
Send us your CV
We would love to hear from you so send us your latest CV and please include some sample links to work you have completed. Feel free to contact us by telephone on +44 (0)20 7168 7527 or drop us a quick email firstname.lastname@example.org