This job vacancy has closed
See all the roles we are currently hiring for.
Head of Business Development
The Head of Business Development is a new role that has been created for 2014 to improve the sales and pipeline activity at Spotless Interactive. The successful candidate will report to the Director, Ben Logan, but also will work very closely with the two User Experience Consultants within the business.
The purpose of the role is to drive Spotless Interactive’s Business Development function, with particular emphasis on generating new income through managing agency relationships and strategic prospecting for direct client opportunities. The role will require management oversight of any new business executives (junior level position) that come on board at the start of 2014, responsible for providing day-to-day support, insight and materials to all personnel engaged in client-facing new business activity.
This is an important role working with some really exciting clients across a wide range of sectors, supporting the business activities for Spotless Interactive. The successful candidate will be an outgoing dynamic individual with a minimum of 6 Years’ experience. This is a varied role within a small team and will suit an enthusiastic, hardworking person with a real hunger and enthusiasm to drive sales and change the future of the business.
You will lead and manage all business development activities from lead generation, list procurement, prospect targeting, cold calling, meeting setting and attendance through to writing the solution and proposals, stopping short of delivery.
You will understand the whole UX and user-centred design process; from the initial research and testing to creating the wireframes and workflows, and be able to question briefs and suggest innovative methodologies and listen to and work with prospects to bring in genuine pre-qualified leads. You will have to be able to work as part of a small team with self-motivation and a can do attitude a must.
Your primary responsibility will be to work closely with and assist the user experience team, in particular the Senior User Experience consultant. This can include any of the following:
- To help develop new business relationships and negotiate new income for Spotless Interactive. This will involve presenting Spotless Interactive and its services to potential new clients. Your main target areas will be defined in an initial planning meeting with the Director, and this could include gaming, video games, travel and leisure, and finance strategically selected direct client prospects and UX departments within FTSE250 companies at varying tiers.
- To oversee the activities and output of the New Business team, ensuring that their departmental and personal objectives are being met by way of coaching and mentoring techniques and direct line management [Future responsibility upon hire of a junior].
- To develop pitch proposals and creative ideas for pitches and take part in pitch presentations to clients where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a suitable CRM database (we currently use Highrise), ensuring that all contacts within the database are accurate and up to date at all times. That all the information required to facilitate accurate customer profiling and management is present and correct.
- To keep up to date on our market and potential market, and any issues which might affect it. To collect competitor intelligence and suggest new ways of differentiating Spotless Interactive from its competitors.
- Developing and maintaining an up-to date library of generic credentials materials for rapid customisation as required, ensuring that all external materials maintain consistency with the group’s brand guidelines including case studies, proposal templates, pitch templates etc.
- Developing, enacting and continuously improving a range of data collection, CRM, touchpoint strategies and reporting techniques to aid delivery of the new business strategy and keep the Director informed on a real-time basis.
- Monitor and collate relevant information from trade publications, websites and tender listings for assessing whether and how best to respond.
- Work with the Director to develop and deliver their new business and marketing plans, ensuring consistency.
- Identifying and filtering prospects and opportunities in order that the most appropriate personnel and messages are used to approach client prospects.
- Prequalifying leads and prospects to ensure that there is minimal time wasted on meetings/prospects that are not relevant.
Your skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, psychology, design or other relevant fields
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about user and customer experience
- Highly motivated and self-managing
- You must have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom
- Able to assess the strategic fit between a prospect and group capabilities
- Experience in approaching senior client prospects to generate pitch opportunities
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Ability to develop relationships internally and externally
- Experience in working with, influencing and impelling senior colleagues to meet their new business commitments
- Generous commission scheme on any leads generated [See notes below]
- Annual training budget to attend relevant conferences
- Company gadget allowance
- Company pension scheme
- BUPA healthcare
- Virgin Gym membership
- 25 days holiday per year
In addition to your basic salary you will be paid a commission based on the new business you generate toward an agreed target. We propose an annual target of £500,000 revenue and a commission rate of 5% which will provide an annual commission earning of £25,000. The target is split into 4 quarters and there is a minimum threshold below which no commission is payable. In the first year this is lower than in future years. The threshold is as follows:
Q1 = £15,000 revenue
Q2 = £30,000 revenue
Q3 = £50,000 revenue
Q4 = £50,000 revenue
As soon as the threshold is reached all revenue qualifies toward commission payments.
In order to reflect that the first year will be tougher that subsequent years we will offer an accelerator commission rate of 8% for revenue above £250,000 in the 12 month period. For clarity, this means if you pass through the £250k mark after 9 months all subsequent revenue to the end of the 12 month period will earn 8% commission. The commission will be paid quarterly, one month in arrears so commission earned on revenue generated in month 1, 2 and 3 will be paid through payroll at the end of month 4.
Commission scheme key rules:
- Pricing must be agreed with Ben Logan
- Commission is only paid against revenue that has been invoiced and paid by the client. Commission for unpaid invoices will be accrued and paid in the pay-run the month after the month of collection
- If a lower than normal margin is required an alternative commission rate may be negotiated to reflect the lower profits
- Commission will only be paid for clients that are allocated to you in the CRM system (currently we use Highrise)
- Your target and the commission scheme only applies to new business you generate. Inbound enquiries will be dealt with by the rest of the team. Inbound enquires for clients allocated to you, that you have been actively pursuing will be passed to you. If you are asked to work on an inbound enquiry (because I am busy etc.) We will pay commission at the standard rate.
Send us your CV
We would love to hear from you so send us your latest CV and please include some sample links to work you have completed. Feel free to contact us by telephone on +44 (0)20 7168 7526 or drop us a quick email email@example.com