This job vacancy has closed
See all the roles we are currently hiring for.
Business Development Manager
This is an important role working with some really exciting clients across a wide range of sectors from healthcare to finance, supporting the Service Design activities for Spotless. The successful candidate will be an outgoing dynamic individual with 5 Years’ experience in a UX or service design agency. This is a varied role within a small team and will suit an enthusiastic, hardworking person with attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will have strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You will be comfortable working as part of a small team scoping solutions with the consultants and giving direction to less experienced members.
Your primary responsibility will be to work closely with and assist the experience team, in particular the Lead and Senior Experience consultants. This can include any of the following:
- To help develop new business relationships and negotiate new income for Spotless. This will involve presenting Spotless and its services to potential new clients. Your main target areas will be defined in an initial planning meeting with the Director, and this could include Finance, Healthcare, Automotive, and other strategically selected direct client prospects and departments within FTSE250 companies at varying tiers.
- Generate leads through networking, business contacts and attending events, as well as following up on leads generated internally.
- To develop pitch proposals and creative ideas for pitches and take part in pitch presentations to clients where appropriate.
- Building relationships with clients that lead to longer term project work rather than short term project work such as Usability Testing.
- Attend monthly sales meetings to review progress with the Head of Client Services, Directors and Non Exec Director.
- Develop and maintain a suitable CRM database (we currently use Salesforce), ensuring that all contacts within the database are accurate and up to date at all times. That all the information required to facilitate accurate customer profiling and management is present and correct.
- Develop more detailed reporting and dashboards relating to the pipeline within Salesforce.
- To keep up to date on our market and potential market, and any issues which might affect it. To collect competitor intelligence and suggest new ways of differentiating Spotless from its competitors.
- Developing, enacting and continuously improving a range of data collection, CRM, touchpoint strategies and reporting techniques to aid delivery of the new business strategy and keep the Director informed.
- Monitor and collate relevant information from trade publications, websites and tender listings for assessing whether and how best to respond.
- Work with the Director to develop and deliver their new business and marketing plans, ensuring consistency.
- Prequalifying leads and prospects to ensure that there is minimal time wasted on meetings/prospects that are not relevant.
- Cross sell consultancy services in from the lab hire business.
- Maintain a list of dedicated Accounts as part of your allocated portfolio, as well as identify new ones.
- Confident and persuasive with excellent communication skills: someone who can build trust and forge strong working relationships with ‘C Suite’ stakeholders in global big brand organisations
Your skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, psychology, design or other relevant fields
- Proficient in all MS Office and Google Drive products
- Advanced user of Salesforce
- Ability to run calls using a variety of tools, WebEx, Skype etc
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Passionate about Service Design and customer experience
- Digital agency background
- Highly motivated and self-managing
- Able to assess the strategic fit between a prospect and group capabilities
- Ability to develop relationships internally and externally
- Good organisational and time management skills
- You must have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom
- Generous commission scheme on any leads generated
- Annual training budget to attend relevant conferences
- Company gadget allowance
- Company pension scheme
- BUPA healthcare
- Virgin Gym membership
- 25 days holiday per year
Send us your CV
We would love to hear from you so send us your latest CV and please include some sample links to work you have completed. Feel free to contact us by telephone on +44 (0)20 7168 7526 or drop us a quick email email@example.com