This job vacancy has closed
See all the roles we are currently hiring for.
Business Development Executive
The Business Development Executive is a brand new role that has been created for 2014 to improve the sales and pipeline activity at Spotless Interactive. The successful candidate will report to the Director, but also will work very closely with the User Experience Consultants within the business.
Spotless Interactive is a small innovative market research and strategic design agency based in the heart of Silicon Roundabout in Shoreditch and have been trading since 2004. Working in our open plan loft style office, the successful Business Development Executive will be passionate about growing the sales for the business and have a friendly phone manner, qualifying leads and talking them through our services and solutions.
This is an important role working with some really exciting clients across a wide range of sectors, supporting the business activities for Spotless Interactive. The successful candidate will be an outgoing dynamic individual with a minimum of 1 years’ experience. The role will also suit hungry graduates, eager to sell and work in the digital domain. This is a varied role within a small team and will suit an enthusiastic, hardworking person with a real hunger and enthusiasm to drive sales and change the future of the business.
You will lead and manage all business development activities from lead generation, list procurement, prospect targeting, cold calling and meeting setting.
You will understand the whole UX and user-centred design process; from the initial research and testing to creating the wireframes and workflows, and be able to question briefs and suggest innovative methodologies and listen to and work with prospects to bring in genuine pre-qualified leads. You will have to be able to work as part of a small team with self-motivation and a can do attitude a must.
Your primary responsibility will be to work closely with and assist the user experience team, in particular the Senior User Experience consultant. This can include any of the following:
- To help develop new business relationships and negotiate new income for Spotless Interactive. This will involve presenting Spotless Interactive and its services to potential new clients. Your main target areas will be defined in an initial planning meeting with the Director, and this could include gaming, video games, travel and leisure, and finance strategically selected direct client prospects and UX departments within FTSE250 companies at varying tiers.
- Making outbound calls (cold calling) prospective new clients to help generate even more sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a suitable CRM database, ensuring that all contacts within the database are accurate and up to date at all times. That all the information required to facilitate accurate customer profiling and management is present and correct.
- Identifying and filtering prospects and opportunities in order that the most appropriate personnel and messages are used to approach client prospects.
- Prequalifying leads and prospects to ensure that there is minimal time wasted on meetings/prospects that are not relevant.
- To keep up to date on our market and potential market, and any issues which might affect it. To collect competitor intelligence and suggest new ways of differentiating Spotless Interactive from its competitors.
- Developing and maintaining an up-to date library of generic credentials materials for rapid customisation as required, ensuring that all external materials maintain consistency with the group’s brand guidelines including case studies, proposal templates, pitch templates etc.
- Developing, enacting and continuously improving a range of data collection, CRM, touchpoint strategies and reporting techniques to aid delivery of the new business strategy and keep the Director informed on a real-time basis.
- Monitor and collate relevant information from trade publications, websites and tender listings for assessing whether and how best to respond.
Work with the Director to develop and deliver their new business and marketing plans, ensuring consistency.
Your skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, psychology, design or other relevant fields
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about user and customer experience
- Highly motivated and self-managing
- Sales experience highly desirable
- A team player, ambitious and excited about being part of small research agency
- You must have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom
- Able to assess the strategic fit between a prospect and group capabilities
- Experience in approaching senior client prospects to generate pitch opportunities
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Ability to develop relationships internally and externally
- Experience in working with, influencing and impelling senior colleagues to meet their new business commitments
- Generous commission scheme on any leads generated
- Annual training budget to attend relevant conferences
- Company gadget allowance
- Company pension scheme
- BUPA healthcare
- Virgin Gym membership
- 25 days holiday per year
Send us your CV
We would love to hear from you so send us your latest CV and please include some sample links to work you have completed. Feel free to contact us by telephone on +44 (0)20 7168 7526 or drop us a quick email email@example.com