- Support service design and design thinking projects involving innovation and problem solving, to generate concepts and proposals for new propositions, or to evolve and improve existing services
- Support and facilitate workshops with clients or customers including ideation, co-creation and prioritisation
- Produce user scenarios, service experience concepts and service design blueprints, journey maps, storyboards and ecosystems
- Most, if not all of your projects, will be driven by insight. You will be involved in insight reporting, as well as user experience testing. Therefore, you will be required to engage with research colleagues and help shape research outputs and engage in research facilitation and note taking.
- Work directly with stakeholders to involve them openly in your processes, championing the needs of customers and users throughout the project and responding to feedback
- Contribute to internal projects, writing articles and blog posts on relevant service design topics and within sectors of interest
- Attend at least 1 service design event every half-year to keep up to date with the latest trends and methodologies
- 2 years+ working in a Service Design role and/or UX strategy industry experience in an established digital agency or in-house
- Be able to demonstrate applied knowledge and experience with a range of service design methods and tools, e.g. experience mapping, service blueprints and ecosystems, concept prioritisation and roadmaps, persona development, scenario storytelling
- An understanding/experience of various research methodologies including contextual interviews, stakeholder interviews and user feedback sessions (remote or lab based)
- Be comfortable supporting the planning, and conducting ideation sessions and workshops leveraging design thinking methods.
- Be someone who enjoys collaboration and team working
- Hold excellent communication and storytelling skills with the ability to create and deliver clear and engaging deliverables, presentations and proposals.
- Bringing designs to life through prototypes (with a range of tools).
- Good use of tools and platforms such as Miro, Figma, Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Suite. Graphics/illustration capability is also desirable.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Service design, Product design, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or other relevant fields, or relevant professional experience.
You must have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
At Spotless we are committed to ethical practices and promoting equality and diversity across our organisation and at every step of the hiring process. We do not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and ensure that all employees, freelancers, candidates, clients and third parties are treated with dignity and respect.
You will have a minimum of 2 years experience working in Service Design, particularly UX, ideally within an agency environment, with experience of the whole process from initial research through to strategy, design workshops, and design deliverables.
Day-to-day you will participate in understanding client challenges, interpreting briefs, exploring trends and opportunities, recommending methods, and engaging with users and stakeholders to derive insight and drive creative solutions. You will be interested in interpreting client briefs and proposing methodologies to suit project objectives. You will support in creating proposals and being part of a bid team. You will have a keen interest in research, and be able to support qualitative research including ethnographic studies, one-to-one interviews and service safaris.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team and use your strong visual and communication skills to document and present insights and strategic recommendations. This is a varied role within a small team and will suit an enthusiastic, hardworking person with keen attention to detail.
UK based Hybrid – ability to commute to London when required
£30,000 - £35,000
£1,480 annual gym membership/well-being budget
£1,050 annual training & development budget
£840 annual utility bill support
£420 annual well-being gift budget