We’re reopening our labs and offices. Here’s our plan.
Over the past month, we’ve been busy making a plan for how to safely reopen our labs and back office. The Insight Rooms will reopen on Monday the 6th of July 2020, and we will be getting back to running face to face research. Whilst we have been enjoying working remotely, we are looking forward to seeing some of our colleagues and clients again in person!
We have been carefully monitoring and following government guidelines and implementing guidance from our industry body, Market Research Society (MRS). In accordance with that guidance, we have made a number of changes to our premises and processes to ensure that our participants, moderators, clients and staff are safe when we welcome them back.
This is the first of a two-part post and we will be updating in a few weeks’ time, following our internal pilot, before the official reopening with any further changes.
illustration by drawkit.io
Our safety measures
We have put together a document, which outlines the measures we have put in place and shared this with our clients, recruiters and also our staff.
What measures have been put in place?
- Visitor information ahead of entering the premises
- Signage in the common parts to advise on how to go up to the floors and out again
- A perspex screen at the reception desk and contactless sign-in app
- Hand sanitizer stations at reception and inside the labs
- Disposable masks and gloves for moderators, clients, and participants
- Floor markings in reception, labs and observation rooms to aid social distancing
- One way system of walking to and from the labs
- Air conditioning units have been deep cleaned
- All the labs and offices are being deep cleaned frequently
- All staff is trained on compulsory COVID-19 prevention
What are we doing differently?
- To begin with, focus groups will not be offered at our facilities and this will be reviewed on a monthly basis for the next 3 months (we feel it would be safer to start with one to one interviews first)
- We will be accepting a maximum of two client members in the observation room
- Staggered session times to control the number of people coming in and out
- Upon entering our premises, visitors will be asked to use the hand sanitizer
- All surfaces and devices used will be sanitized after each session
- We are unable to offer access to our kitchen. Deliveroo orders can be placed via our iPad in the viewing rooms.
Our recommendations for scheduling research
- We are advising that any NDAs signed and incentives paid are done electronically. If this is not possible, participants will be asked to use the hand sanitizer before signing the NDA
- Leave a longer break in between each session, for example, 30 minutes instead of 15 minutes
- Recruit an end of day spare instead of an all-day spare, to avoid them sitting at reception all day
Taking it one day at a time
We will keep a close eye on government guidelines, and the safety measures we’ve implemented will be evaluated again, once we’ve opened. This is not about getting back to normal in the fastest possible way, but about keeping everyone, clients, employees, and participants safe. We welcome any feedback or suggestions to take into our pilot in the coming weeks.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Sector – Automotive
- Sector – Education
- Sector – Energy & Utilities
- Sector – Finance
- Sector – Government
- Sector – Healthcare
- Sector – Media
- Sector – Retail
- Sector – Telecoms
- Sector – Travel & Tourism
- Service Design Toolbox
- Spotless Trends
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights