Welcome to Ethnographic Park!
The Spotless team are looking to go on Safari (no, not the web browser), and run a fully interactive half-day workshop adventure where attendees will learn the latest ethnographic techniques, apply them at SxSW interactive conference in Austin, TX and wear funny hats (optional).
The workshop will be structured in three stages:
Part One – we will introduce ethnographic research: when it should be applied and what it involves. Then together we’ll explore the different methods and approaches for gathering data.
Part Two – we will observe your fellow badge holders in the wild, using the latest technology like wearable cameras to observe and capture natural “real-life” behaviour.
Part Three – we will return to the basecamp, analyse our observations and extract unmet needs and opportunities.
The overall aim of the workshop is help researchers and anybody interested in ethnographic research answer the following questions:
- What ethnographic techniques can I use to help to capture rich insight into my audience, customer or users’ “real life” behaviour?
- What technology can I use to help me in observe my audience, customer or users?
- How do I analyse this data to extract insight into audience, user or customers’ behaviours or unmet needs to help design better services or products?
Sounds like fun right? Well it turns out that having a presence at SxSW it quite competitive and with over 6,000 other applications to run Interactive features at the event, we are going to need your help to make this happen!
SxSW allows prospective attendees to vote for the sessions that they are interested in seeing using their PanelPicker. You can vote for Spotless’ submission by clicking here.
For more information about SxSW conferences and festivals, check out the official SxSW website.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights