The Buzz about Facebook Adding Video Functionality to Instagram
Rumours are once again rife in the cut-throat world of social media, this time regarding Facebook’s enigmatic invites that have been sent out for their June 20event.
The message reads: “A small team has been working on a big idea. Join us for coffee and learn about a new product”. Speculation has already begun, with many predicting an announcement that Facebook’s Instagram is to be adding video functionality.
A video that seems to confirm the report has surfaced and while many are warning that it could all be a red herring, reports that Facebook were testing a video feature for Instagram have been filtering through as early as May.
Coming so soon after the success of Twitter’s Vine application, it would make sense for Facebook to integrate small video clips into their photo sharing network. Instagram has managed to remain a credible application, thanks to its slick user interface and intuitive design it has gained a vast active user base of over 100 million a month, so there is much to capitalise on.
The social media giant will no doubt be hoping for better results than those experienced by the ill-fated Facebook Phone – that has been cancelled for UK release following disastrous response from other territories.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Sector – Automotive
- Sector – Education
- Sector – Energy & Utilities
- Sector – Finance
- Sector – Government
- Sector – Healthcare
- Sector – Media
- Sector – Retail
- Sector – Telecoms
- Sector – Travel & Tourism
- Service Design Toolbox
- Spotless Trends
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights