Spotless Podcast – Episode 5: Behavioural Economics in Service Design
It’s Episode 5 of the Spotless Podcast and this week we are joined by Senior Consultant John Anthony to talk about Behavioural Economics, and in particular how this relates to Service Design and User Experience. John has an ongoing interest in Behavioural Economics and we talk about the impact of Psychology and Biases on consumer behaviours.
Apologies for any audio issues on this show, we’re trialling a new (and hopefully better) audio setup but there may be some teething problems!
Short reading list:
Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces that Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely
Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth and Happiness by Cass R Sunstein and Richard H Thaler
Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products by Nir Eyal
Inside the Nudge Unit: How small changes can make a big difference by David Halpern
Vatican at SXSW: Compassionate Disruption: Innovation and The Vatican
Jeff Bezos in a Robot
Beijing park dispenses loo roll using facial recognition
Uber president Jeff Jones steps down
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights