Spotify Release Updated App for Android platforms with Appealing UI
Popular music streaming service Spotify has just updated their Android app – it now includes Last.fm integration, a selection of new features and a brand new user interface.
The slick updated display allows for users to slide between options with ease and offers high resolution artist imagery, upgraded sound options, album art, related artist view and the ability to monitor friend’s playlists.
Another fresh addition is the ability of users to control audio playback from the lock-screen of their device, which has long been considered an overdue feature.
Those with high end smartphones will also appreciate the support for super high quality 320kbps audio playback and new crossfade and gapless playback settings providing seamless audio delivery.
What’s more, the inclusion of Last.fm scrobbing (a means by which users of the music streaming site receive recommendations based on their playlists) is another welcome inclusion to the app.
Previous versions of the Spotify App have been criticised for frequent crashes and conflicts with the Android Ice Cream Sandwich operating system – these two issues have now been ironed out with this most recent stable release, which is now available for download.
Is humility our new superpower? And other questions (and answers) from this year’s Service Design Fringe Festival. Part two.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Sector – Automotive
- Sector – Education
- Sector – Energy & Utilities
- Sector – Finance
- Sector – Government
- Sector – Healthcare
- Sector – Media
- Sector – Retail
- Sector – Telecoms
- Sector – Travel & Tourism
- Service Design Toolbox
- Spotless Trends
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights