Siri Voice Command a Hit Amongst iPhone Users
Siri has proven to be very popular with iPhone 4S users – more than half of those polled in a recent survey claim to be very satisfied with Apple’s voice command system.
In addition, rumours have already begun to spread about the possibility of Apple launching a TV set with a Siri voice interface.
Only a small amount of users said that they were actually dissatisfied with the Siri system, however only 37% would like to see a similar interface made available for television sets.
John Barrett, Director of Consumer Analytics at Parks Associates, the company who conducted the survey, commented: “Siri is clearly a hit among the initial iPhone user base. Consumers like Siri because it’s convenient, easy to use and helpful for remembering important information and its hands-free capability makes it easy to send texts, emails, and phone calls.”
He added: “However, I would have expected more owners to want Siri for their TV set. These are the folks that rushed out to get the new iPhone 4S.”
Overall, Siri looks set to change the way people interact with devices, although some argue that voice command still has usability creases that need to be streamlined.
Harry Wang, Director of Mobile Research at Parks Associates, concluded: “Siri could represent a business model breakthrough for Apple in driving content consumption on its iOS Platform to multiple screens in the home.”
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Service Design Toolbox
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights