Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Raises the Bar for Tablets in Its Price Range
In addition to its savvy range of features, Samsung’s recently introduced Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 comes with a new lower price, making it highly competitive in the tablet marketplace.
The device weighs in at 14 grams lighter than its predecessor (The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1) but is slightly thicker with a 1mm increase in size.
Its host of applications, which should now be familiar to those who have used the Android platform, are placed within the bottom sliding navigation bar for an easily accessible customer experience.
The tablet offers the standard web browsing – with Flash support, Google Maps, YouTube playback and Skype – all of which offer a top notch version of their respective services.
What’s more, the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 runs an enhanced version of the Samsung TouchWIZ interface alongside Android 4.0 and also comes with a handwriting recognition tool called S memo. Add to this an IR remote control capability which isn’t found in other tablets within its price range.
Usability tests have shown that the device’s interface is reassuringly familiar while at the same time offering enough upgrades to keep it feeling fresh and modern.
All in all, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 certainly raises the bar when it comes to tablets within its cost arena.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Sector – Automotive
- Sector – Education
- Sector – Energy & Utilities
- Sector – Finance
- Sector – Government
- Sector – Healthcare
- Sector – Media
- Sector – Retail
- Sector – Telecoms
- Sector – Travel & Tourism
- Service Design Toolbox
- Spotless Trends
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights