Panasonic Viera Connect Impresses with Smart UI and Other Features
Panasonic’s most recent entry into the Smart TV market is a follow up to their 2011 version – although it resembles last year’s model in some ways, there have been a few key improvements that are sure to impress users.
The Viera Connect comes with a series of cloud based apps that run directly from Web servers, a facility which means that the number of apps available is unlimited.
The downside to this however is that users could be at the mercy of unresponsiveness, depending on the speed of their Internet service. Tests show that this would also affect the efficiency of their remote control.
Nevertheless, the enhanced UI arranges apps into a Home screen in a straight forward and familiar manner. Plus, as many as seven apps can be displayed surround a live video window, with navigation options available for people to browse between the various screens.
In addition, the social media apps allow users to check their Facebook and Twitter accounts whilst watching television and online content platforms. Popular destinations of this type such as YouTube and Daily Motion also have their own integrated apps.
All in all, with its simple and intuitive interface, a wide range of apps and video-on-demand also likely to be adopted in further firmware updates, Panasonic’s Viera Connect is looking like a solid choice if you’re in the market for a Smart TV.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Service Design Toolbox
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights