Nokia Launches New Windows Phone
Nokia’s new eye-catching Windows Phone, the Lumia 800 has finally been launched after much anticipation.
The device boasts an impressive 3.7 inch AMOLED ClearBlack curved display, Carl Zeiss optics and 1.4Ghz processor.
In addition, the phone’s design has taken its starting point from the popular Nokia N9 and comes with the power and usability of Windows Phone 7.5, which Nokia have put their own spin on with a series of customised apps.
This is the first Nokia that runs the Windows Phone operating system instead of Nokia’s own Symbian or MeeGo software. It offers enhanced multichannel usability as it can integrate with a user’s Xbox Live account, allowing for syncing of the gaming experience.
Since the Windows Phone carries a relatively new operating system however, there are a comparatively small amount of apps currently available. Nevertheless, this looks set to change in the near future as it’s rumoured that apps designed for Windows Phone will also be compatible with Microsoft’s new Windows 8 Desktop OS.
The Lumia 800 launch is expected to help Nokia regain some of its former glory in the mobile phone market. While it carries impressive features that reveal how stringently it was vetted during the usability testing process, some consumers may be a little deterred by the phone’s high entry price.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Sector – Automotive
- Sector – Education
- Sector – Energy & Utilities
- Sector – Finance
- Sector – Government
- Sector – Healthcare
- Sector – Media
- Sector – Retail
- Sector – Telecoms
- Sector – Travel & Tourism
- Service Design Toolbox
- Spotless Trends
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights