New Zealand Makes a Splash with Website Usability Improvements
A year of continuous design and usability improvements has yielded impressive results for New Zealand’s official consumer website, newzealand.com.
The site has broken all previous records during the January period, with 1.5 million visitors and 235,000 referrals from industry related pages.
Catherine Bates, General Manager & Head of International PR, commented on the achievement: “The results seen in January conclude a year of incremental growth resulting in the site’s strongest 12 month period – visits are up 4% and referrals up 18% for the year ending 31 January.”
Two major promotional campaigns were launching in late 2012 which significantly boosted website traffic, however the rate of conversion into referrals was the outstanding factor.
Ms Bates explained: “While the latest campaigns have played a key role in driving traffic to the site, the increase of referrals tell us that these visitors are engaged and actively planning their trip to New Zealand.
Since we completed the usability improvements to the site we have seen important increases in consumer engagement – views of content contributed by users and listed businesses is up 47% and there has been increased use of new functionality such as the integrated maps and the Trip Planner tool which is up 300%.”
Is humility our new superpower? And other questions (and answers) from this year’s Service Design Fringe Festival. Part two.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Sector – Automotive
- Sector – Education
- Sector – Energy & Utilities
- Sector – Finance
- Sector – Government
- Sector – Healthcare
- Sector – Media
- Sector – Retail
- Sector – Telecoms
- Sector – Travel & Tourism
- Service Design Toolbox
- Spotless Trends
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights