New ooVoo App Brings Enhanced User Interface to Mobile Video Chat
A new app for both Android and iOS devices has been announced by ooVoo – the company are hoping it will go some way to reinventing the Video Chat experience.
Already the largest independent social video chat provider with over 85 million registered users Worldwide, ooVoo’s new app brings with it a host of new features and a revamped user interface that boasts enhanced sharing capabilities, video filters and a new “tap-tap-go” call system.
As well as enabling video chat calls, the app enables the user to record and edit video messages that can be shared via email or the usual social media platforms, with inbuilt share functions streamlining this process.
The platform has so far seen its greatest uptake in the US but the firm will be hoping for a wider audience from other international markets with this release.
Robert Jackman, CEO of ooVoo, commented:
“Since the beginning, our industry has treated mobile video chat the same way as texting or phone calling, but we know from watching our users that video is fundamentally different, it’s more personal and intimate. It deserves its own design principles and unique features, and that is exactly what ooVoo has done for its users.”
Is humility our new superpower? And other questions (and answers) from this year’s Service Design Fringe Festival. Part two.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Sector – Automotive
- Sector – Education
- Sector – Energy & Utilities
- Sector – Finance
- Sector – Government
- Sector – Healthcare
- Sector – Media
- Sector – Retail
- Sector – Telecoms
- Sector – Travel & Tourism
- Service Design Toolbox
- Spotless Trends
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights