New Child Friendly User Interfaces Drive Boost in Tablet Sales
Tablets designed for youngsters are becoming ever more popular due to their easy and appealing user interface, with one of the most recent entries into the market being the Kurio from Techno Source.
Their brightly coloured device, also known as “The Children’s Tablet”, was on display at Toy fair this week. It runs on the Android OS platform, for which Techno Source have developed a special child-friendly interface.
To ease parent’s safety concerns, the tablet also features advanced filtering options, parental controls and locks. In addition, eight different profiles come pre-installed, allowing parents to easily choose which apps are to be made available for each profile so that multiple young users can use the tablet with varying degrees of access.
The device also boasts a timer option which lets parents closely monitor and control the amount of time their kids spend on the device.
Despite being aimed at a younger market, the tablet is actually surprisingly powerful. A 1Ghz Cortex A8 processor powers the Kurio and it comes complete with 4 GB of storage, Wi-Fi and HD Video playback, as well as a selection of bundled software that includes games, an E-book reader and a collection of educational apps.
With tablets such as this, the new generation is sure to adopt these devices at a rate of knots.
Is humility our new superpower? And other questions (and answers) from this year’s Service Design Fringe Festival. Part two.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Sector – Automotive
- Sector – Education
- Sector – Energy & Utilities
- Sector – Finance
- Sector – Government
- Sector – Healthcare
- Sector – Media
- Sector – Retail
- Sector – Telecoms
- Sector – Travel & Tourism
- Service Design Toolbox
- Spotless Trends
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights