NASDAQ Launch Revamped Website with Enhanced User Interface
NASDAQ’s official US stock market website has just gone live as a new and improved version following a redesign.
Amongst the fresh features on the website is a three panel Homepage, which clearly and prominently displays real time market data, breaking news, market analysis, top-performing stocks, charting, investigating strategies and more.
What has been labelled as a “streamlined quote search interface” will direct users towards up to date stock information as part of “a unified site design built on the principles of responsive design”.
None of the site’s previous content has been disabled or removed, with Flashquote, Real Time, Summary and Extended Training quote views still available.
Nevertheless, the site could still be accused of looking a little cluttered from a usability point of view, with a mass of graphs and information presented with seemingly little thought of formatting. Another gripe relates to the adverts embedded amongst the information that appear in no way separate to the rest of the content, and when clicked they take the user away from the site, opening a new browser window.
At the end of the day, the NASDAQ site is not necessarily intended for a mass audience – to those in the know, the information will make perfect sense. It is still easy to yearn for a clearer user interface when browsing the site however, which maybe the next redesign will address.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights