Motorola’s Droid Razr Maxx Beefs Up Battery Life
Since the explosion of the Android platform into the smartphone market and the proliferation of near identical models and functionality that followed, it has become rather a daunting task to find the best device to suit individual user preferences.
When it comes to prolonged battery life however, Motorola Mobility’s upcoming Droid Razr Maxx will certainly stand out from the crowd – this powerhouse of a phone with nearly double the battery capacity of the previous Droid Razr model.
The Maxx offers 3300mAh versus the 1780mAh of its slimmer cousin. And although this added juice capacity makes the smartphone 25% thicker and 13% heavier than before, it still weighs in at just 0.2 oz heavier than the iPhone 4S.
Unfortunately, when it comes to the device’s user interface, it simply isn’t as impressive as its battery life. Reviewer comments have been made about the occasional unresponsiveness and noticeable lag when using the Maxx’s touchscreen.
The device is also shipping with the Gingerbread OS rather than Android’s latest 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, though Motorola have said that the upgraded 4.0 will be available as a download later in the year.
There is no doubt that Droid Razr Maxx’s biggest draw is it’s extended battery life, but for those who enjoy nothing but the fastest and most seamless user experience available on their smartphone, it might cause some slight irritation.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Sector – Automotive
- Sector – Education
- Sector – Energy & Utilities
- Sector – Finance
- Sector – Government
- Sector – Healthcare
- Sector – Media
- Sector – Retail
- Sector – Telecoms
- Sector – Travel & Tourism
- Service Design Toolbox
- Spotless Trends
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights