Google Integrates Marketplace Apps into Single User Friendly Product
Google have tidily integrated and rebranded their Google Music, Google Books, Google Movie and Android Market applications into one new product called Google Play.
Product purchases made via the new app will be entirely hosted on a cloud service, meaning that Google will store each user’s data on their own servers at no additional charge, which will conveniently save space on people’s devices.
Such a system is already in place with Apple’s iCloud (which comes packaged with the forthcoming Mountain Lion operating system) and Amazon’s Kindle Fire and
Google Play’s user interface remains intuitive and familiar to those who have experience with the previous marketplace store and there are already custom designs appearing on the user generated market for those like to personalise their downloading experience.
In addition, Google have spent month’s apparently pressuring developers to switch over to their Google Wallet payment system for inclusion on the marketplace, which would effectively eliminate payments via PayPal and other out of house payment options.
Jamie Rosenberg, Google’s Director of Digital Content, has said in a release statement that: “Our long-term goal is to roll out as many different types of content as possible to people around the world, and we’ll keep adding new content to keep it fresh.”
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Sector – Automotive
- Sector – Education
- Sector – Energy & Utilities
- Sector – Finance
- Sector – Government
- Sector – Healthcare
- Sector – Media
- Sector – Retail
- Sector – Telecoms
- Sector – Travel & Tourism
- Service Design Toolbox
- Spotless Trends
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights