Galaxy Note Fills the Gap Between Mobile and Tablet Devices
The debut of Samsung’s Galaxy Note has been causing a few waves in the mobile device industry since its recent arrival.
Placed somewhere between a tablet and a phone, with a 5.2” Amoled display screen and an advanced pen-input technology, the Note lets users multi-task, create and enjoy rich media content on the go.
Gregory Lee, President and CEO of Samsung Asia, commented on the device: “The Galaxy Note is a revolutionary product to open a new category in the mobile industry and I am very proud of this accomplishment.”
He explained: “Samsung Galaxy Note will redefine and enhance mobile communications by offering a creative user experience with its innovative features such as S Memo, S Planner and S Choice. I am certain that once our consumers try the Galaxy Note, they will appreciate its groundbreaking and fun features.”
A host of specially designed applications have also been launched to take advantage of the device’s new user interface. In addition, the high resolution display allows for superb quality presentation of e-books, PowerPoint presentations, news apps and web pages.
Not quite a big phone or a small tablet – the release of this hybrid device could pave the way for a whole new market in mobile computing and is certainly worth keeping an eye on.
Is humility our new superpower? And other questions (and answers) from this year’s Service Design Fringe Festival. Part two.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Sector – Automotive
- Sector – Education
- Sector – Energy & Utilities
- Sector – Finance
- Sector – Government
- Sector – Healthcare
- Sector – Media
- Sector – Retail
- Sector – Telecoms
- Sector – Travel & Tourism
- Service Design Toolbox
- Spotless Trends
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights