Galaxy Note Fills the Gap Between Mobile and Tablet Devices
The debut of Samsung’s Galaxy Note has been causing a few waves in the mobile device industry since its recent arrival.
Placed somewhere between a tablet and a phone, with a 5.2” Amoled display screen and an advanced pen-input technology, the Note lets users multi-task, create and enjoy rich media content on the go.
Gregory Lee, President and CEO of Samsung Asia, commented on the device: “The Galaxy Note is a revolutionary product to open a new category in the mobile industry and I am very proud of this accomplishment.”
He explained: “Samsung Galaxy Note will redefine and enhance mobile communications by offering a creative user experience with its innovative features such as S Memo, S Planner and S Choice. I am certain that once our consumers try the Galaxy Note, they will appreciate its groundbreaking and fun features.”
A host of specially designed applications have also been launched to take advantage of the device’s new user interface. In addition, the high resolution display allows for superb quality presentation of e-books, PowerPoint presentations, news apps and web pages.
Not quite a big phone or a small tablet – the release of this hybrid device could pave the way for a whole new market in mobile computing and is certainly worth keeping an eye on.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Sector – Automotive
- Sector – Education
- Sector – Energy & Utilities
- Sector – Finance
- Sector – Government
- Sector – Healthcare
- Sector – Media
- Sector – Retail
- Sector – Telecoms
- Sector – Travel & Tourism
- Service Design Toolbox
- Spotless Trends
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights