Award Given for Savvy Android User Interface Testing Software
Wind River has just won an award for their User Experience kit that enables the rapid creation of automated test scripts for Android devices.
The award was earned at the Embedded World 2012 event in Germany and was chosen by an independent jury of experts in the categories of Hardware and Tools.
Amit Ronen, Vice President and General Manager of Device Test at Wind River, commented: “As Android devices continue to flood the market, the industry is recognising that poorly tested applications can result in significant costs if the user experience is unsatisfactory. In order to deliver a quality device that a consumer will want to purchase and use, thorough automated testing is needed.”
He added: “The Embedded Award is a great achievement that acknowledges Wind River’s efforts to help customers develop Android devices with reliable and fulfilling user experiences in order to create greater customer satisfaction to improve the bottom line.”
The company’s software kit works to reproduce the human experience with a device to test the efficiency of user interfaces, thus it saves a significant amount of manual testing. This is surely excellent news for both consumers and usability professionals.
Is humility our new superpower? And other questions (and answers) from this year’s Service Design Fringe Festival. Part two.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- Sector – Automotive
- Sector – Education
- Sector – Energy & Utilities
- Sector – Finance
- Sector – Government
- Sector – Healthcare
- Sector – Media
- Sector – Retail
- Sector – Telecoms
- Sector – Travel & Tourism
- Service Design Toolbox
- Spotless Trends
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights
- User Experience Insights