Apple Releases OS X Update Featuring More Seamless User Experience
Apple has long aimed for the ideal of a seamless user experience regardless of whichever of their devices a person happens to be working on. This utopia is now one step closer following the latest release of their OS X.
The operating system update will see a better unification of their iPad, iPhone, iPad touch and desktop machines than ever before.
Version 10.8 has been announced with the name Mountain Lion. It comes complete with many of the new features users are familiar with in the iOS 5, but tweaked for enhanced use on desktop Macs.
Features range from the functional Notes, Reminders and iMessages to more leisure based functionality such as AirPlay and Game Centre integration. Twitter has also been directly integrated into the upgraded system, allowing you to tweet directly from a selection of different apps.
Mountain Lion’s user interface remains stylishly recognisable, of course, as an Apple product – no major renovations or cosmetic aspects are noticeable. Nevertheless, the way that the iOS features have been cleverly implemented into the desktop significantly changes the way users will interact with multiple Apple devices.
Browse our insights.
- Adapting to Change – User Experience Insights
- Consumer & Retail Opportunities – User Experience Insights
- Design Thinking – Service Design toolbox
- Designing for People – User Experience Insights
- Experience Toolbox – User Experience Insights
- Expriencing Spaces – User Experience Insights
- Gaming Trends – User Experience Insights
- The Future of Health & Wellbeing – User Experience Insights